“Best of IMAGES” features gallery exhibits, artist talks, performances and virtual student art show in lieu of live Festival
IMAGES: A Festival of the Arts, ranked #16 nationwide in the Fine Arts Festival category of Sunshine Artist magazine, has cancelled the January 2021 event because of COVID-19 concerns by artists, patrons and volunteers. Also cancelled is the annual IMAGES Tour of Homes held in early December, the festival’s signature fundraiser. Atlantic Center for the Arts, the presenting organization, made the announcement on Monday October 12.
The jury process of selecting the festival’s artists will still take place in late October. The artists who are selected will be listed with a link to their website on the IMAGES Artist page at www.imagesartfestival.org throughout 2021 and receive automatic acceptance into the 2022 Festival. The application fees will be returned to ALL artists regardless of whether they were accepted or not.
IMAGES will present two group exhibitions from January through April at Atlantic Center for the Arts at Harris House featuring 12 former “Best of Show” winners from the past two decades. During this time, we will forgo the traditional gallery sales commission and 100% of all sales will go directly to the artist. In addition, First Saturday openings during these months will give the public the opportunity to meet the Best of Show winners and the Artist Talks scheduled throughout the exhibitions will allow for a deeper look into their artistic process.
The Student Art Exhibit, featuring the artwork of our talented Southeast Volusia County students, will be presented as a virtual exhibition, accessible on the IMAGES website in late January.
ACA will also present three “Front Porch” concerts to be held at Harris House to support the musicians who would typically perform during the festival. An “Art Project in a Bag” will be distributed to children at the performances. All of these events are free and open to the public.
IMAGES is grateful for the support it has received from the community, volunteers and patrons that contributed to its highest ranking ever by the artists who participated in the Sunshine Artist survey. Our decision to celebrate the former “Best of Shows” through exhibitions, support local musicians, provide a platform for our young artists to exhibit their creations, and give free takeaway art projects to children is a reflection of our deep commitment to our core values and to our community.
An updated calendar of these events will be available on the IMAGES website in mid-November, please visit www.imagesartfestival.org.
The IMAGES Committee, its hundreds of volunteers, and the city of New Smyrna Beach and its many arts enthusiasts endeavor to make this the friendliest festival on the circuit. To that end:
- Hoteliers and Atlantic Center for the Arts offer discounted accommodations to accepted artists
- The Saturday Artist’s Dinner features outstanding food and the awards ceremony
- Boothsitting services
- Breakfast daily and refreshments during Artist Hospitality Center hours
- Near-site parking
The very popular Artist Hospitality Center the Brannon Civic Center at 105 S Riverside Dr, is open the following hours:
- Friday morning coffee is available at check-in, and boxed lunches will be delivered to your booth prior to the show. The Artist Hospitality Center is open 7:30 AM – 11:30 AM.
- Saturday and Sunday the Artist Hospitality Center is open for complimentary breakfast and refreshment from 7:30 AM until 12:00 PM on Saturday and 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM on Sunday, and features artist-only restrooms.
- The Artists’ Dinner will also be held at the Brannon Civic Center on Saturday evening at 5:30 PM and includes music, great food, and award announcements.